Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 9 minutes
Price: $2.50 per serving
Ingredients, all organic:
- 2 Slices of Chicken breast
- 1 Teaspoons of Coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil
- 1 Pat of Butter
- 5 Tablespoons of Olive oil
- 1 Cup of Veggie mix
- 3 Cups of Basil leaves
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Pine Nuts
- ½ Teaspoon of chopped Garlic
- 4 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- 1 Tablespoon of Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 Tablespoon of Hoi Sin sauce
- 1 Teaspoon of Himalayan Rock salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Chopper to chop the basil to make pesto
- 1 Spatula
- 1 Pan for the veggies
- 1 Pan to sauté the chicken breasts
- Serving plates for pasta
- Prep: Place 1 pan with 1 cup of mixed veggies on a medium high flame, along with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of hoi sin sauce and ½ teaspoon of chopped garlic. Cook this for 5 minutes and it’s ready to be served.
- In the another pan you add 2 tablespoons of coconut oil along with 1 pat of butter, place the chicken breasts in the pan and start marinating the slices on each side with 1 teaspoon of Himalayan rock salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Cook the chicken for 4 minutes on each side depending on how thick the slices are, just make sure you cook them well done. TIP: I like to slice the chicken in strips to speed up the cooking process and to make sure it’s all well done.
- While everything is cooking you have an excellent opportunity to prepare the pesto. Make sure the basil leaves are washed, place all the leaves with stems in the chopper along with 5 tablespoons of olive oil, 4 tablespoons of grated parmesan, 1 tablespoon of pecorino romano cheese, 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic and 1 tablespoon of pine nuts.
- Chop it all until you have a beautiful sauce.
- Once the chicken is cooked you start with the presentation placing the mixed veggies in the middle of your plate, top this off with the chicken and the pesto sauce.
Nutritional Facts: Basil is virtually calorie-free and, in addition to antioxidant vitamins and phenolics, is a rich source of vitamin K, zinc, calcium, magnesium, potassium and dietary fiber.
Pesto: amount Per Serving contains, Calories 25, Fat Cal. 10, Total Fat 5g, Cholesterol 1mg, Sodium 15mg, Potassium 5mg, Total Carb. 5g, Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g, Protein 4g, Vitamin A10% DV, Vitamin C 8% DV, Calcium 10% DV, Iron 8% DV, Vitamin B6, Copper, Magnesium, Manganese, Phosphorus, Thiamin each
Bon Apetito, From Peggy with LOVE!