Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 9 minutes
Price: $5.50 per serving
Ingredients, all organic:
- 4 Thin Slices of Chicken breast
- 1 Cup of veggie broth
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 4 Kentjoer (white ginger) pieces of the root or 1 teaspoon of Ketumbar (which are cumin seeds)
- 2 Galangal slices
- 2 Teaspoons of grated ginger
- 4 Tablespoons of sweet soy sauce
- 2 Romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 Tablespoon of Caesar salad dressing
- 1 Tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- 3 Teaspoons of Dijon mustard
- 1Teaspoon of Chopped garlic
- 3 Tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Shaved Parmesan
- Wooden spoon
- Pan to cook the Chicken
- Salad serving plates
- Salad bowl
- Place 2 Cups of veggie broth in a pan along with the 4 thin sliced chicken breasts.
- You can use a medium high flame to cook the chicken for 4 min on each side.
- Add 4 tablespoons of sweet soy sauce in the pan with the chicken along with2 tablespoons of chopped garlic, 4 Kentjoer pieces or use 1 teaspoon of Ketumbar powder if that’s easier to get
- Add 2 teaspoons of grated ginger and 2 slices of galangal root. Leave this to cook for 8 min (4 min on each side)
- You will notice that the broth in the chicken is a lot less and because a very flavorful sauce.
- Take the chicken out of the pan and slice it in smaller pieces, place the slices back in the pan so they can soak up the sauce.
- Place the chopped romaine in a large salad bowl and mix 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic, 3 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of Mayonnaise, 3 teaspoons of Dijon Mustard, 1 tablespoon of Caesar salad dressing and mix everything with either salad spoons or your hands. Once that is done your ready to serve the salad out.
- Place the salad in the middle, top it off with the Indonesian spiced chicken and shaved Parmesan and your good to go.
Nutritional Facts: Ketumbar orCilantro seeds are also a good source of Thiamin and Zinc and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
Galangal,Kentjoer and Ginger are low in saturated fat and very low in Cholesterol and Sodium. It is also a good source of Vitamin C, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese. Ginger may reduce hypertension, inflammation, nausea and migraines. Bon Apetito, From Peggy with LOVE!