Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Price: $5.50 per serving
Ingredients, all organic:
- 1 Large Cod (slice into 2 pieces)
- 3 Pats of butter
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of ground Black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped Garlic
- 1 Cup of sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Cup of Peas
- ½ Boursin
- 2 Sprigs of fresh Basil
- 2 Wooden spatulas
- 2 Pans to cook the Cod and the veggies
- Serving plates
- Place 2 pans on the burners with 2 pats of butter for the cod and 1 pat of butter for the veggies.
- In one pan you add the cod to cook for 3 minutes on each side marinated with some salt and pepper.
- In the other pan you add 1 cup of sliced mushrooms and 1 cup of green peas along with 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic, ½ boursin, some salt and pepper to your liking and you leave this to cook for 7-8 minutes until it’s a nice and creamy sauce.
- Please add a dash of veggie broth if your sauce is slightly to dry but do not forget that once its cooking the mushrooms will spill some moist so it will be easier to cook.
- Be careful with the cod when you turn them, because it might break, make sure you have plenty of butter in the pan and use 2 spatulas.
- Once the sauce is finished, serve that in a deep plate and place the cod on top, cut some of the fresh basil on top of your cod for some extra flavor and garnish.
Nutritional Facts: Cod is a low fat flaky white meat fish that is a good source of protein, phosphorus, niacin, and Vitamin B-12. An individual 100 g (raw) portion of cod has less than 90 calories, less than one gram of fat, and 17 grams of protein.
Basil is virtually calorie-free and, in addition to antioxidant vitamins and phenolics, is a rich source of vitamin K, zinc, calcium, magnesium, potassium and dietary fiber.
Bon Apetito, From Peggy with LOVE!