Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
Price: $3.50 per serving
Ingredients, all organic:
- 6 Slices of Pork loin
- 3 Heirloom Tomatoes,
- 1 Sweet Yam
- 1 Endive
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons of Five Spices
- 1 Teaspoon of grated Ginger
- 1 Sprig of Rosemary
- 5 Fresh Radishes
- 2 Tablespoons of Hoi Sin sauce (which is a bean/plum sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons of Hickory smoked Barbecue sauce
- 2 Pans, one for the sweet yam to cook in and the other one to sauté the pork loin
- 1 Bowl to mash the sweet yam
- 1 Cutting board, 1 sharp Knife
- Kitchen scissors
- Serving plates
- Place 2 pans on a high flame, one with water for the sweet yam to cook for 8 minutes until they are nice and soft which makes it easy to mash and in the other pan you place the slices of pork loin along with 1 tablespoon of chopped garlic.
- I always cut the sweet yam in small pieces to make it easier to cook.
- Slice and cut the endive in small parts.
- Pork is a white meat, so you really have to cook until its well done. Cook it for like 4 minutes on each side depending on how thick the slices are.
- Add the five spices in the pan with the pork, along with 1 teaspoon of grated ginger, chop the rosemary in the pan with your kitchen scissors, add 2 tablespoons of hoi sin sauce and 2 tablespoons of hickory smoked barbeque sauce.
- Once you have all the ingredients in the pan leave it to cook for 8 minutes (4 minutes on each side) and make sure you add some water to make it cook nicely. After 8 minutes turn off the flame and leave it to rest.
- The sweet yam can be drained out, and mashed, once that is done mix the chopped endives in the sweet yam because its still warm, it will heat up the endive but still leave a nice crisp to it.
- For the presentation, fill a small cup with the sweet yam and turn it upside down in the middle of the plate.
- Place the pork on top of the sweet yams and top this off with 3 tomatoes which you have to slice in two, so they stick better.
- Slice the top of the radish and place them in a circle around the sweet yams and your good to go!
Nutritional Facts: Sweet yams contain vitamin C and vitamin B and is a good source of fiber.
Pork loin have potassium, vitamin B-6, cholesterol and is a good protein source
Endives contain much vitamin ABon Apetito, From Peggy with LOVE!