Peggy believes in the phrase, “less is more”.
Fewer ingredients for more flavor; less spending for more value; less food for more satisfaction and less prep for more time to enjoy food.
Peggy has a background as diverse as the five languages she speaks having lived in four different countries, Suriname, The Netherlands, Hong Kong and The US. Peggy is a world student, teacher, a producer, and a wife. As an official Global food critic and a self-taught cook, she has been experimenting with culinary masterpieces since she was a young girl and she acquired these skills both in and out of the kitchen by watching her mother and her grandmothers in the kitchen. Peggy creates, what she likes to call, “awaken-all-your-senses-and-make-you feel-good, food”. She provides you with nutritional facts and ways to relieve some discomforts with certain ingredients. She is a life-stylist at heart and lives her life challenging herself in the kitchen to create healthy, simple and budget conscious recipes. She is always exploring new ways to create the perfect meal with the finest ingredients when shopping at farmers markets and organic supermarkets.
Peggy explains: “I am a simple girl; born in Suriname, formerly known as Dutch Guyana. My fabulous parents were very modern and outgoing people. My mom is Indian and my dad was Chinese mixed with Creole and they both worked hard and enjoyed life to the fullest as they raised me to explore a world of so many different flavors and colors. Suriname is a country with many different cultures and as a child I became familiar with different cuisines: Hindu, Lebanese, Antillean, Indonesian, Chinese, Creole and Native Indian cuisine. We immigrated as a family to The Netherlands just before the independence of Suriname in 1975. In Netherlands, the European world of fine cuisine was opened up to me as I began to educate myself. The French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, British, Greek and German kitchens were right in my backyard. As a young woman, I traveled the world as a model and was exposed to even more cuisine, dining in Michelin-star restaurants, small bistros, Brasseries and hidden places known only to locals. I became a foodie at heart and that’s when I decided to start writing restaurant reviews. During the economical crisis, when a lot of people dined out less, I would use my time to take note, of the expensive dishes I consumed and copy them at home using a smaller budget and in a significantly shorter amount of time. This is how my concept was born and I began to create meals for less than $10 in less than 10 minutes. I started posting my recipes online – one thing led to another and now I have my cooking show: Peggy Tjin’s 10-10 which has been broadcasted in five different countries twice daily on TV, over the last 4 years.
By watching 10-10 and following Peggy’s blogs, you can join her movement. She will guide you to effortlessly prepare, lightning fast, ferociously fancy, deliciously healthy, portion controlled fusion foods.
Peggy travels around the globe, experiencing and reviewing immune boosting ingredients, to report back to her followers.
***Peggy’s uses organic ingredients, meat without hormones and antibiotics and freshly caught fish from oceans or rivers! Though it is your own preference, she is a fierce advocate of organic food and pays close attention to portion control and healthy cooking methods like poaching, grilling and steaming. Peggy also informs you about the nutritional benefits of ingredients and how to implement them in a dish boosting your immune system. Peggy explains: “I am not a doctor, dietitian or a nutritionist, I am merely here to offer tips and tricks on how to create a tasty immune system boosting meal, using known health properties of certain ingredients ‘.
Peggy believes it, lives it, and wants to encourage and inspire others.
Peggy Tjin’s 10-10 has been broadcasted in 5 different countries:
1. Aruba on Tele Aruba twice daily from Nov 2015 – Oct 2016
2. Curacao on Nos Pais Television twice daily Nov 2015 – Sept 2017
3. Suriname on SCCN twice daily from Nov 2015 – March 2016; STVS Channel 8.1 and 8.2 from June 2016- oct 2017
4. ST Maarten on TV Carib twice daily 8.55am and 6.55pm from April 17th 2017 –
5. Tele Bonaire from Nov 2015- Oct 2016
6. June 20th 2020: Peggy Tjin’s 10-10 Cooking Channel on YouTube
- Peggy’s recommendations were available in the” Insights”- the inflight magazine of Insel air. Peggy presented her top 3 Restaurants of different destinations, from 2016-2017
- Peggy Tjin’s 10-10 are also on the entertainment system of TUI-Travel from : 2016-2018
- Peggy featured with a ravishing recipes in the Dutch glossy: XXXL – 2018
- Peggy live at Omroep Max in cooking a lovely turkey slider. 2017
- Peggy in the Harry Mens show cooking her signature dish: Salmon in a lovely turmeric sauce
- For more on Peggy in the media checkout the website under Media appearances.